Senior Accountant Cover Letter Sample 1:
With a proven track record leading high-performance teams, I have increased profits, leveraged technology to boost efficiency, installed tight financial controls, developed effective reporting, streamlined processes with improved data integrity, and cultivated more productive, better-integrated corporate culture.
My problem-solving skills center on quickly getting to the root of a challenge, leveraging outside-of-the-box thinking to uncover the best solutions and then winning cooperation and buy-in from stakeholders to make it happen. I take what’s available and make the most of it.
For example, I led a turnaround that helped a firm avoid bankruptcy, by catapulting profit 400% and sales from $1.2M to $12.4M. At another firm, I managed growth both organically and through acquisitions that launched sales volume eight-fold to $87M domestically, increasing profitability even while more than tripling staff size to 250.
While my skills have been finely honed by hands-on management of companies, they are complemented by a solid education. I hold an Executive MBA from the Luther J. Holtzz Graduate School of Business at the University of Pittsburgh and a BA degree from West Virginia College.
If my skill set and abilities fit your needs, I would be pleased to meet with you to discuss my credentials and capabilities in greater detail. In the meantime, thank you for your consideration.
Senior Accountant Cover Letter Sample 2:
I wish to express my interest in the senior accountant position within your company. Given my vast experience working as a CPA on projects for multibillion-dollar companies and a proven track record of initiating actions for reducing costs, I believe I am a suitable candidate for the advertised post.
I have consistently worked to reduce costs, identify and incorporate the latest technology, plan and execute cross-functional programs, and work successfully with outside partners. Among my more recent accomplishments, the most notable include consulting engagements for Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies like SAP America, Coca Cola Enterprises, IBM Ltd., and McKesson Corporation.
Key highlights of my qualifications are:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with experience of over 18 years
- Successfully handled consulting engagements for many top companies
- Knowledge and unmatched expertise in SOX, or Sarbanes-Oxley Act, (sections 302 and 404)
- SAP certified (FICO module)
- Excellent IT skills and have previous experience in training SMEs, or subject matter experts, for multinational companies and managing system conversion projects
- In-depth knowledge of various important computer applications, including the following: PeopleSoft, Fourth Shift, Platinum, J.D. Edwards, Oracle, Timberline, Business Control Systems, SAP, Microsoft Office, and Property Tax Management Systems
- Committed to providing excellent service to clientele by understanding and responding to their suggestions, requests, concerns, or inquiries
I pride myself on my ability to plan and implement initiatives that improve enterprises’ profitability as well as streamline operations. Good leadership and strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are of great value to an accountant. Throughout my career, I have aptly and consistently demonstrated these two important skills, with a long list of satisfied and happy clients serving as a fitting testimony.
I strongly hope you will grant me an opportunity to discuss my ability to meet your requirements in further detail.
Senior Accountant Cover Letter Sample 3:
I have over 15 years of experience as an accountant during which I have worked on all aspects of accounting and financial management. For the past six years I have been an integral part of the finance team of CTP, a US-based international non-profit organization.
As my resume highlights, I have expertise in a range of accounting areas, including the following:
- Reconciliation and expense reporting
- Budget creation, cost analysis, and forecasting
- Vendor relations
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Financial statements and preparation
- Business accounting process improvements
- Month-end analysis and reconciliation
- Non-profit accounting principles
- Microsoft office and leading financial software
- Reporting and documentation
- General ledger audits and entries
My key job responsibilities in my present capacity as senior accountant include, among others, the following:
- Prepare and submit an annual budget
- Audit expenses & adjust for allowable reimbursements as per YMCA guidelines
- Management of grant accounting activities; monitoring and submitting detailed reports of financial activities to grant donors; keeping a track of incoming funds and preparing monthly income statements vs outgoing expenses spreadsheets
- Evaluate the effectiveness of business processes and give recommendations for improvement
My strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and intrapersonal skills allow me to communicate effectively and seamlessly with clients. Along with these skills, I bring outstanding team-building and leadership skills to the table.
Attached to this cover letter is my resume. I sincerely request you to go through it to gain a better understanding about my credentials as a senior accountant. I am keen and enthusiastic about joining with a reputable establishment and hope you will give me a chance to present my case in further detail in a personal interview.