Preschool Teacher Cover Letter Sample 1:
I’d like to inquire about the position of Head Preschool Teacher that you recently advertised in the local newspaper. I believe I have both the qualifications and temperament for the job, and I’m sure my students would agree.
I’m currently employed as the Assistant Childhood Development Instructor at Horizons Day Care. I’ve held the position for three years since my promotion from an entry-level educator, which brings my total time with them up to five years.
For five years I’ve held hands, wiped tears and taught preschoolers everything they needed to know about the color wheel. I have a dual degree in art and early childhood education from the University of South Florida, so I often use visual learning techniques to supplement traditional textbook teaching.
In addition to the academics required by the state, I also work hard to ensure that the children are mentally and emotionally prepared for advancing to the next level of their education. I make it a point to preach about the benefits of courtesy, cooperation and kindness. Sometimes I even manage to impart basic time management skills! As I’m sure you can understand, this is no easy feat for an excited four year old.
I primarily work with children ages 2-5, though I’ve also substituted for other teachers all the way up to third grade. My current classroom is comprised of 22 students, so I’m not afraid of taking charge of large groups. I aim to give each student the same individualized attention as they would in a smaller class.
In your ad, you asked for applicants with equal amounts of patience and enthusiasm. I believe I have both of these qualities in spades. I was actually the founder of California’s new “Wait for the Green” program, which started as a single-class initiative to promote crosswalk safety but eventually evolved into a statewide program.
I’ve attached my resume for your perusal. If you have any questions, or if you’d simply like to discuss my suitability for the position face-to-face, you can contact me anytime. Thank you for your time, and I can’t wait to hear from you.
Preschool Teacher Cover Letter Sample 2:
Please accept my resume and this letter as application for the position of preschool teacher at your school. I hope to impress upon you my desire to work with the children of your school and the people of your community in this introductory letter. I am a firm believer that schools like yours are the lifeblood of the community.
I am a qualified preschool teacher with a number of years of experience in the field. I have worked with children of many ages, and worked under many different curricula. I know that your curriculum and children are unique, and I cannot wait to adapt my teaching style to the needs that you have in your school.
I understand the importance of sticking with the curriculum that you use in the school, and I am willing to complete training on your curriculum to make sure that I am up to date. I am also willing to complete lesson plans in a timely fashion so that you can see what is happening in my classroom on a weekly basis.
I have an acute understanding of student and class discipline. Kids need structure in their lives, and this early preschool experience is something that I find to be very important. The kids in the school can learn to be much better citizens when I set firm expectations for them. I love all the kids in all my classes, but I also want them to know where the line is when they are in my class.
My goal is to help mold lifelong learners who are happy to come back to school day after day. I look forward to speaking with you about these and many other topics regarding the position. I am available at your convenience for interviews and pre-screening calls.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns about my application or qualifications.
Preschool Teacher Cover Letter Sample 3:
I am writing to apply for the Preschool Teacher position that was recommended to me by a patron of your center. I have read through the list of requirements mentioned by your esteemed school and feel that I possess the necessary professional qualifications and work experience that will make me a desirable candidate for this job. Please find attached my resume along with this cover letter for you to look through.
I am a committed and qualified pre-school teacher and possess a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Early Childhood Studies. I completed my bachelor degree in 2010 and through this program; I gained the necessary knowledge and skills that are currently helping me work effectively with young children and their families.
I am currently employed as a preschool teacher at Child’s Play Preschool. My experience and area of expertise includes:
- Responsible for planning and implementing various programs designed for pre-schoolers while ensuring they are in accordance with the philosophy and policies of the school’s child development center
- Responsible for ensuring the program has been tuned to suffice the need of individual children in the school that need special care
- Responsible for organizing parent teacher conferences related to their child’s adjustment issues, learning issues and overall behavior
- Providing assistance to the lead teacher in carrying out classroom activities and learning programs smoothly and effectively
- Providing assistance to the lead teacher in supervising the classroom
- Responsible for ensuring a proper learning environment exists in the school by focusing on key areas like study materials, appearance and decor of the classroom and maintaining attendance record
- Ensuring the progress of each child in the class is properly documented and at the same time help in identifying the need for special classes and other learning services
- In my current role as a pre-school teacher, I am supervising creative learning activities of 30 children up to the age of 5 years. In addition to being an extremely organised and dedicated teacher, I am also an enthusiastic and creative individual. I also possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written and am well versed with computer skills.
I look forward to an opportunity to meet you personally for an interview and discussion.